Guest Experience Guide
Wake up. Go to work. Go home. Sleep. Repeat. Do you feel unfulfilled in your current job? Are you bored? Frustrated? Stuck? If so, you’re not alone: we used to feel that way too.
Wouldn’t you rather be hungry, excited, confident and fulfilled? At Dark Corner Distillery, you’re more than just a number. You’re a valued team member that’s excited to grow with the rest of the team and help one another achieve success, and we want to help you get there.
What You’ll Do:
As a Guest Experience Guide, you will:
- Become a storyteller. Educate and excite our guests about our products, our processes, and our brand through our premium tasting experience.
- Sell our products and services. Assist guests in making informed purchases that best suit their needs and desires.
- Attend to guests. Make guests feel welcome and at home by providing the high level of customer service and hospitality that Dark Corner Distillery is known for.
- Maintain the setting and atmosphere. Maintain the tasting bar and retail store and create seasonal displays so our space is fresh, presentable, and serves as a cohesive extension of our brand story.
- Maintain day-to-day operations. Ensure our business runs smoothly on a day-to-day basis by efficiently handling customer transactions and restocking shelves.
What You Must Have:
In order to be a productive and contributing member of the team, we ask that you have the following:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a South Carolina driver’s license.
- A reliable method of transportation to and from work.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- The ability to lift up to 40 lbs and walk/stand for extended periods of time.
- Flexibility in your availability to work 3 out of 4 Saturdays a month and some holidays.
What You’ll Gain:
As a member of our team, you will receive:
- A team/collective atmosphere. Who you work with is just as important as what you do. That’s why we emphasize a culture that revolves around achieving success with you, not achieving success because of you.
- Competitive pay & benefits. Money may not be everything, but we also can’t deny its importance. On top of competitive wages, we also offer tips from working behind the bar, employee discounts on products, complimentary parking, fitness reimbursement, and so much more (for eligible employees).
- An unconditional open-door policy. Remember when we said money isn’t everything? That’s because we believe knowledge and experience is. Unconditional face-to-face time with our management team means getting answers and guidance on how to develop yourself personally, professionally, and socially with no fear of being judged or treated differently, regardless of what the topic is.
- An opportunity to thrive. While we believe in clear goals and expectations, we refuse to be micro-managers. Take advantage of clear directions and guidelines with enough room to develop your own style and ultimately grow as a professional.